Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Eragon - The Movie

I can't wait! I see the promotional videos at least a dozen times a day and I find myself very anxious to see the movie.

I'm so jealous and so proud of Christopher Paolini. I first read Eragon a few years ago and was very impressed with the story, instantly falling in love with the characters and couldn't wait for the next installment. Then I found out that the author was only a teenager and astounded at the measure of talent this young boy had.

Since then, I've been excited to see Eragon soar to the top of the best-seller's list, then watch Eldest do the same, and now I'm even more estatic to see the release of the major motion picture and video game. I couldn't be more proud of Paolini, even if he isn't one of my own children.

I'm also so very jealous. This kid is living my dream. He deserves everything he's got, because he did such an excellent job with his story. I don't want what he has... I just want the same for me. He's an inspiration and clearly one of my favorite writers. I wish him much success, though I don't think he needs any more wishes. He's clearly very successful. I wish him wisdom and guidance in his success.

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray