Thursday, March 22, 2007

Orientation - Update

I'm just now completing my edit of Chapter 10. I have to tell you, this story is morphing into something wonderful. I'm really, really pleased with the way it's turning out. I'm almost embarrassed at the version that I've sent out before, because this is so much better. My only fear is, what will I think of this version a few years from now?

What I'm changing, for those who don't know what I'm doing, is the 'way' the story is written, not the story itself. That is still intact. I'm changing it from a passive/narrative story to an active/showing adventure. I want to be able to 'zoom' onto the scene and have the reader following me along on a wild, adventurous ride, much like a roller coaster. Other than the beginning climb, there are no slow spots on a roller coaster. It's one exciting dip and curve until the end. That's the way I want my story. I want the reader to jump on and cling tight - it's fast, fun and full of exciting thrills.

With my Necromancer Series being 8-9 books, it's like getting to ride 8-9 different rides - all just as exciting as the first.

Well, my coffee is about finished percolating. It's time to get to work.

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment