Monday, October 25, 2010

Getting On Top of This Internet Thing...

I thought writing was sometimes exhausting, but plotting down a chapter or two on a manuscript is lightweight compared to getting 'connected' on the internet.  I thought I was up with the times because I had post a blog on Blogspot, was visible on Facebook, Twitted regularly and kept my three websites updated, along with giving a critique or two on Critique Circle, but I've learned over the past few weeks I'm just getting started.  I need to hurry up and make some substantial cash so I can hire a full-time social network engineer to keep me updated.  For those teenagers out there who are text, tweet and posting saavy, this is a great idea for a summer or part-time job.  I'm going to write that down on my ever-growing to do list.

The last several days I've been visiting different blogs, reading what reviewers have had to say about books they've reviewed, either of my friends or fellow authors.  I love the variety that's out there.  It's made me realize there's a market I haven't even began to reach because I haven't put my book out there to be reviewed 'internetically'.  I know... the word doesn't exist ye, but it will.

So, I've written to a few of these blog reviewers and requested they review my book 'The Blood of Cain'.  I now feel like I'm lagging on a caboose when all along I thought I was at least riding comfortable in a middle car.  With my book now reaching it's one year mark since release, I now feel I've missed a market going the 'traditional' route.  This really amazes me since I'm not traditional in any sense of the word. 

But, I want to thank bloggers like Marty from DarkWyrm Reads and Kathy at I'm A Reader, Not a Writer for helping me out and giving me a few tips.  If it weren't for these awesome ladies I'd still me looking at my abs not realizing my butt's gained two extra love handles. 

I've been putting it off, but I think its time I look into 'Book Trailers'.  I've ran across a few now that have blown my mind and I so want one for my book.  Do they work?  Don't know, but I guess I'm soon going to find out. 

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray