Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Birds of a Feather

I love hanging out with other writers.  There's nothing more exciting than seeing a writer's face light up when they start talking about their latest adventure, or seeing the inspiration of hope take hold of their heart and their faces begin to glow with anticipation and excitement.  Nothing gets my heart pumping, my adrenaline flowing or my creativity buzzing like talking with a bunch of writers.  Well, that is besides having lunch with them.  We might be a bunch of nuts - but hopefully we're screwed on the right bolt.

 I thank all my lunch buddies for the creativity they shared today around the big table - and the great Italian meal at La Trattoria; Tom Cook, Joann Dunn, Dawn Goodwin, Frank Rogers and Bob Covel.  I want to especially thank new members Sue Lee, Lorien Forrest, Dawn Perry, Chuck Wanager and Maggie Lisiecki for their inspiration and encouragement at my end of the table.  You guys are the reason I love the Carrollton Creative Writer's Club so much.  I'm blessed just to be acquainted with you. 

I also appreciate everyone who took the time out of their busy schedules to attend the Carrollton Creative Writer's Club meet today to attack all the tough issues that were brought to the table.  I was so impressed with the professional and courteous attitudes.  I'm excited about this club and know there are some big things in store for it's future.

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray